EngTrend is an engine performance monitoring or engine trending program applicable to users of the T56 engine. It allows T56 users to monitor the engines on a flight by flight basis. It also allows early detection of deteriorating engine performance.
It does not replace Calculated Performance Runs, but reduces the required frequency, and in case of low engine efficiencies, helps you diagnose the problems more quickly.
- Data Collection has no effect on mission capability and requires minimal aircrew time.
- Data Interpretation can be done at any time and requires only the EngTrend PC.
- Diagnostics can be done off-base by emailing engine files to another site.
- Can differentiate between instrument error and engine performance changes.
- Gives flight by flight feedback on performance and indicators.
- Reduces the requirement for performance checks, thereby reducing fuel and man power costs and exposure to risk.
- Reduces fault finding time.
- Reduces rotable consumption by increasing diagnostic accuracy.
- A low cost item.
- Identical faults in two or more engines are hard to interpret.
- Conditions affecting performance on all engines simultaneously cannot be detected at all, such as ingesting sand in desert operations. However individual engine faults can be identified in these conditions.
Requirement for use:
- Trained personnel to ensure correct interpretation
- Persistence in learning graph interpretation.
The new EngTrend provides additional training tools with integrated diagnostics and an ability to show graphs illustrating component faults on demand from the subsystem matrix window.